Sunday 4 December 2011

No.21

WAITING BOTH

A star looks down at me,
And says: “Here I and you
Stand each in our degree:
What do you mean to do,
Mean to do?”

I say: “For all I know,
Wait, and let Time go by,
Till my change come.” ”Just so,”
The star says: “So mean I:
So mean I.”

-oo0oo-

THE SUPERSEDED

As newer comers crowd the fore,
We drop behind;
We who have laboured long and sore
Times out of mind,
And keen are yet, must not regret
To drop behind.

Yet there are of us some who grieve
To go behind;
Staunch, strenuous souls who scarce believe
Their fires declined,
And know none cares, remembers, spares
Who go behind.

'Tis not that we have unforetold
The drop behind;
We feel the new must oust the old
In every kind;
But yet we think, must we, must WE,
Too, drop behind?

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

No comments:

Post a Comment